Pages

Translate

Saturday 16 November 2013

Hell No: Woman Allows Her Father Walk Her Down The Aisle 6 Years After He Raped Her.

Meet Sharisse T. Smith, a 24-year-old lady who shares her story on why she asked her father to give her away at her wedding, six years after he raped her. 

"I was only a child when my fixation with creating the perfect picture began. I would watch as my father, a freelance photographer, created works of art out of imperfect people through still photos. At thirteen, I’d wanted to have my own portraits taken. One Saturday, while my mother was at work, my father set up the photo shoot in our dining room, took a few pictures of me and called it a success. Then he said extra shots were needed in his bedroom. Then he raped me.
A week later, I told my mother what my father had done to me and she confronted him. He denied it at first but later confessed. The three of us went to see a therapist together and she concludeded that my father was sorry, he would not hurt me again and that keeping our household “stable” was the best way for us to heal. Afraid to be alone, my mother agreed. So we continued to live together as one of the few nuclear African American families in our neighborhood--a pretty picture." CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...