Pages

Translate

Monday 30 September 2013

Mother Who Gave Birth At 13 Gets A PhD Same Time With Her Son...


Via WRDW-TV
A local mom and her son have achieved great heights in education, but it didn't come easily. The pair recently earned their PhDs on the very same day, a goal that seemed impossible when their long journey began.
"Never in a thousand, million, trillion years [did I expect to get my PhD]. The thought of becoming a doctor anyone was far fetched," said Dr. Maurice McBride. He got his diploma at a ceremony in Minneapolis, MN in August, but the day wasn't just about his accomplishment. It was about sharing the stage with his mother.
"I never thought I would get chance to see my mother walk across the stage and then she turned around and saw me walk across the stage," he said. CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...