Pages

Translate

Sunday 15 September 2013

British Journalist 'David Hayward' Recounts His Experience In Nigeria.

A British journalist, David Hayward, recounts his experience in Nigeria in a piece via Vanguardngr.com.

Earlier this year, I was approached to do some media consultancy in Nigeria. I’d just left the BBC after 18 years, to set up my own business, so this seemed a great opportunity. I spoke to a number of friends and former colleagues. I’d heard many stories about Nigeria, seen the reports on Boko Haram and had my own impressions of sub Saharan Africa.
The advice fell into two camps:
a) Don’t go, you’ll get kidnapped or catch malaria. Either way, you’re going to die
b) Nigeria is a nightmare. When you arrive, you’ll be swamped by hustlers trying to rip you off, steal your luggage and all your money. If they don’t get you, the corrupt police officers and officials will. CONTINUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...